A psychotherapist on staff here at Buchinger-Wilhelmi told us that after about 3 weeks here, people start getting a bit eager to go home! It’s funny that today marks our third week here, and we’ve already been ramping down our participation in a lot of the group activities!
- medicine ball back workouts
- blackroll fascial training
- bosu power balance
- Tai Chi
- a psychotherapy session (these are individual, of course!)
However, due to “Buchinger burnout” (my own term), fasting day 18 for us was devoid of all activities, except watching an Asian cooking demonstration (European style). We even skipped the daily walk! Of course, that set us up for today (fasting day 19) where we got revitalized!
Know that even when you start to feel some burnout on a prolonged fast away from home, a little rest goes a long way!
So far, results are good with my blood pressure basically being normal for 11 of the past 14 days and the last 5 days consecutively. Blood glucose is also trending down!
3 more days of fasting to go!
Results from morning nurse visits on Days 16-19
- Blood pressure: 126/78, 116/73, 116/74, 113/79 (Overall good!)
- Blood sugar: 100, 94, 88, 110 (Wish I were more consistent!)
- Weight: 65.7 kg (144.5 lbs), 65.6 kg (144.3 lbs), 65.5 kg (144.1 lbs), 65.2 kg (143.4 lbs)